Liverpool F.C. Home goalkeepers kits 1913 - 1914      

H G 1.0 H G  1.1 H G  1.2

1913-14 Home goalkeepers shirt

Manufacturer:

Years worn: 1909-31

In this home goalkeeper shirt Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1913-14 Home goalkeeper shirt long sleeve Ken Campbell (may be with season 1921-22)  -  not now good image
  In general difficultly in detail to write about these years Liverpool, but I shall return to this stage of their history and I shall write more in detail. May be all not as, how I has written.

In a season 1909-10 the design home goalkeeper shirt has changed. Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt twenty two seasons, 1909-10 to 1930-31 (time of use goalkeeper shirt is probably inexact). Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt how in home, as and in away matches. In season 1913-14, Liverpool may be used with home goalkeeper shirt different kits:
  Home shorts and home socks
  Home shorts and away socks
  Away shorts and home socks
  Away shorts and away socks

H G 1.0  - Home goalkeeper shirt with home shorts & home socks.
  H G 1.1  - Home goalkeeper shirt with home shorts & home socks.
  H G 1.2  - Home goalkeeper shirt with away shorts & home socks.

Goalkeepers were also now allowed to wear different shirts than the
outfield players (a choice of scarlet red, royal blue or white in
1909-10, with green a further option three seasons later). ("Tops of The Kops" Peter Crilly)

In 1891 the Football League required member clubs to register their colours for the first time and no two teams were allowed to wear similar shirts. The following year, when the Second Division was formed this rule was relaxed but home teams were now required to have a spare set of white shirts, which could be used if colours clashed. (historicalkits.co.uk, David Moor)

There were no specially produced tops for 'keepers who normally wore heavy woollen sweaters, often teamed with flat caps to keep the sun out of their eyes. How write David Moor (historicalkits.co.uk), in Emglad, goalkeepers basically used goalkeepers shirt in green color, in Scotland, yellow color.

In top photo in green goalkeeper shirt Ken Campbell, which played for Liverpool 1911-20, when to do this photo (cigarette card) I not know. In left top, black-white photo, Ken Campbell (H G 1.0)  in white or yellow color goalkeeper shirt and Ken Campbell (H G 1.2) before FA Cup Final match, April 1914.

In season 1913-14, Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt without special embroidery, this was in netral match FA Cup Final , 25.04.1914.

H G  1.1
18.04.1914   away   Middlesbrough   Division One

Home shorts Home socks Away shorts
Away socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F.C. players wearing the kits in season 2013-14

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F.C. in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru