Liverpool F.C. Third players kits 1967 - 1968      

A or T 1.2 *

1967-68 Third players shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Years worn: 1966-68

In this third shirt Liverpool may be first played in home European Cup match versus Ajax (Netherlands), 14.12.1966, 2-2, at Anfield.

In left  -  1967-68 Third player shirt long sleeve (without Liverbird & L.F.C.)  -  not now good image

In a season 1966-67 the design third shirt has changed. Liverpool used third shirt two seasons, 1966-67 & 1967-68 (time of use shirt is probably inexact).

T 1.0 - Third shirt with away shorts & third socks.
  A or T 1.2 * - Away or Third shirt (without Liverbird & L.F.C.) with away shorts & away or third socks.

14 December 1966, in home match European Cup versus Ajax (Netherlands), at Anfield, Liverpool used, may be in first, may be not, third shirt. Third kits was yellow color shirt with black shorts, yellow socks. Used Liverpool these third shirts in seasons 1962-63 to 1967-68, I now not know. I have now with this match only these black-white photos. In Internet also have video with match versus Ajax, but video bad quality.

Why Liverpool played in home match in third kits, you can read better here."Roared on by an exultant Kop, Liverpool, in an unfamiliar change strip of canary yellow shirts and black shorts" - here

Have interesting information with site (www.historicalkits.co.u). The Reds lost the match 2-0 with Tony Hateley scoring an own goal. According to Graham Brack, Liverpool's legendary manager, Bill Shankly, blamed the novel gold shirts for the team's bad luck and had them burned. It would be 11 years before they would be seen in yellow once again.

Top, this fragment photo made in first half match, between Liverpool-Ajax (14.12.1966). On photo, Chris Lawler (1), Ian St John (2), I not know name Liverpool player (3). How you can to see, in red ring, red club emblem (Liverbird & L.F.C) on a white oval.

What you read down, may be my midtake or errors.

David Moors (www.historicalkits.co.u), think what on this photos Liverpool shirt have black collar and cuffs.

Interesting fact. In first I to see this photo (top left) some years ago in book "Tops of The Kops" Peter Crilly, down photo was written “At Arsenal 67-58 – White top?”, but 22 September 2015, in internet I to find else one photo (top right). What interesting in this photo, main, here on Liverpool away shirt without Liverbird & L.F.C. Peter Crilly assume, what this Liverpool shirt, not white color, may be yellow. As how photos not good qualities, not can say, as this or not. Match photos which to watch, versus Arsenal may be Liverpool played 28 August 1967, (Division One). Also this photo can made in season 1968-69, in League Cup match Arsenal- Liverpool (15.10.1968). May be why help to me and send other photos wit this matches, please contact us.

A or T 1.2 *
28.08.1967   away   Arsenal   Division One

1st image, player number use on Liverpool shirt for matches Division One, FA Cup, European Cup & Friendly.

Note that Liverpool F.C. did not release any replicas shirts prior to season 1978-1979.

Third socks Away shorts
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F.C. players wearing the kits in season 1967-68

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F.C. in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru