Liverpool FC Away goalkeepers kits 1970 - 1971      

A G 1.0

1970-71 Away goalkeepers shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Years worn: 1970-76

In this away goalkeeper shirt (with Umbro logo and with embroidered club emblem) Liverpool first played in

In this away goalkeeper shirt (with Umbro logo and without embroidered club emblem) Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1970-71 Away goalkeeper shirt long sleeve № 1 Ray Clemence (with Umbro logo and with embroidered club emblem, image shirt with season 1975-76)  -  not now good image  -  

In left  -  1970-71 Away goalkeeper shirt long sleeve № 1 Ray Clemence (with Umbro logo and without embroidered club emblem  -  not now image  -  

In a season 1968-99 the design away goalkeeper shirt has changed. Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt eight seasons, 1968-69 to 1975-76 (time of use shirt is probably inexact). Liverpool used away goalkeeper shirt how in home, as and in away matches.
  Home shorts and home socks

A G 1.0 - Away goalkeeper shirt (with embroidered club emblem or without) with home shorts (without Umbro logo) & home socks.

* * - Unknown me now which goalkeeper kits used in this matches.

Before season 1974-75, on Liverpool goalkeeper shirt without player number.

As how Liverpool not can used home goalkeeper shirt , in matches versus Hibernian (Scotland), Ferencvaros (Hungary), color shirt which was white-green. I am assured, what this matches Liverpool used away goalkeeper shirt, as how I now not nave color photo with this matches , I think what color this away goalkeeper shirt was yellow. Why I as think, simple in season 1975-76, Liverpool also played versus Hibernian (Scotland) and color this away goalkeeper shirt was yellow.

May be in season 1970-71, when on Liverpool shirt first here was Umbro logo, but it has appeared not on all Liverpool shirts, but only on goalkeepers shirts. As to the first occurrence of Umbro logo on shirts of field players it was in home match UEFA Cup Final 1st Leg versus Borussia Moenchengladbach (F R G), 10.05.1973. But main, why in season 1970-71, Liverpool used 2 variant home goalkeeper shirt (images left). 1 - Home goalkeeper shirt with Umbro logo and with embroidered club emblem. 2 - Home goalkeeper shirt with Umbro logo and without embroidered club emblem. May be used home goalkeeper shirt without Umbro logo and without embroidered club emblem.

This with Pre-season photo Ray Clemence (with Umbro logo and with embroidered club emblem) and Tommy Lawrence (with Umbro logo and without embroidered club emblem). Umbro logo on Tommy Lawrence shirt with other side? when Ray Clemence shirt.

Simple with season 1970-71, Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt with different Umbro logo on shit. And in seasons, 1973-74 & 1974-75, Liverpool can used home goalkeeper shirt how with Umbro logo, as and without Umbro logo. In season 1975-76, Liverpool can used home goalkeeper shirt without Umbro logo in Friendly matches, as how all season Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt with white Umbro logo.

This Umbro logos which was used on Liverpool home shirts in seasons 1972-73 to 1975-76.

How to distinguish a away goalkeeper shirt of a season 1968-69, from a away goalkeeper shirt of a season 1975-76, very difficultly. Certainly, were for this time of change in design of a collar and cuffs, Umbro labels and certainly since a season 1972-73 it is various design of logo Umbro.

H G 1.0
09.12.1970   away   Hibernian   European Fairs Cup
22.12.1970   home   Hibernian   European Fairs Cup
29.09.1970   away   Ferencvaros   European Fairs Cup
15.09.1970   home   Ferencvaros   European Fairs Cup
31.07.1970   away   League Of Ireland   Friendly

Embroidered club emblem.

Note that Liverpool FC did not release any replicas shirts prior to season 1978-1979.

1970-71 Home player shorts  -    -  

With the description of the shirt and features.
  1970-71 Home player socks  -    -  

With the description of the shirt and features.

Show images of Liverpool Players wearing the shirts in season 1970-71

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru