Liverpool F.C. Home goalkeepers kits 1974 - 1975
H G 1.1 H G 1.- H G 1.- H G 1.-

1974-75 Home goalkeepers shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Years worn: 1970-77 & ? & ?

In this home goalkeeper shirt (without UMBRO logo & without embroidered Liverbird) Liverpool first played in

In this home goalkeeper shirt (black-white-red UMBRO logo & white embroidered Liverbird) Liverpool first played in

In this home goalkeeper shirt (big white printed written UMBRO logo & white embroidered Liverbird) Liverpool first played in match

In left  -  1974-75 Home goalkeeper shirt long sleeve № 1 Ray Clemence (without UMBRO logo & without embroidered Liverbird)  -  not now good image

In left  -  1974-75 Home goalkeeper shirt long sleeve № 1 Ray Clemence (black-white-red UMBRO logo & white embroidered Liverbird)  -  not now good image

In left  -  1974-75 Charity Shield Home goalkeeper shirt long sleeve № 1 Ray Clemence (big white printed written UMBRO logo & white embroidered Liverbird)  -  not now good image

Difficult write which design home goalkeeper shirts was used in season 1974-75. I have not as more color and black-white photos or video, and from that I have not always it is possible to define design on a home goalkeeper shirts in each match. And if there is a photo or video not always it is possible to define. This page else will update.

In a season 1968-77 the design home goalkeeper shirt has changed. Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt nine seasons, 1968-69 to 1976-77 (time of use shirt is probably inexact). Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt how in more home, as and in more away matches.. In season 1974-75, Liverpool used with home goalkeeper shirt different kits:
  Home shorts and home socks
  Away shorts and home socks
  Away shorts and away socks
  Second away shorts and away socks

In season 1972-73, the first time there was UMBRO logo, factories producing player shirt, it has been embroidered. In first shirt with UMBRO logo in home match UEFA Cup Final 1st Leg versus Borussia Moenchengladbach (10.05.1973). In this design shirt with embroidered UMBRO logo Liverpool also played next two seasons, 1973-74 & 1974-75. But may be in first this was on Liverpool shirt, on goalkeeper shirt in 1971, to watch picture in right Ray Clemence in match FA Cup Final versus Arsenal (08.05.1971). What color the middle of a rhombus, in this photo or others, it is difficult to define. It is precisely possible to write one, that in matches UEFA Cup Final, May 1973 and Charity Shield (10.08.1974), was used home shirt with embroidered black-white-blue UMBRO logo.

In season 1974-75 on Liverpool shirt was a Umbro logo of new design, big white embroidered written UMBRO logo (picture to look in middle  left side page). Course difficult now written how more matches Liverpool played in this design shirt. How I know what in this design home shirt Liverpool played one season 1974-75. But may be in first this was on Liverpool shirt, on goalkeeper shirt in match Charity Shield versus Leeds United (10.08.1974) , to watch picture in left, Ray Clemence in this match.

If who read this page earlier, can noticeo, was written, what big white written UMBRO logo was printed, now other information.
  In left image, Phil Boersma in home shirt with embroidered black-white-blue UMBRO logo, in right image, Ray Clemence in home goalkeeper shirt with embroidered black-white-red UMBRO logo (now only this color photo I have with this Umbro logo).

In Charity Shield (10.08.1974) match was used simple home goalkeeper shirt (photo in top left page, Ray Clemence H G 1.1), in shirt not was special embroidery to this match. The special embroidery as was absent in matches Charity Shield 1971, 1974, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1992 & 1994. Liverpool also played in 60's Charity Shield matches, but and this matches used simple shirt, without special embroidery.

Why Ray Clemence used in this season 1974-75 some varants design home goalkeeper shirt, I not know, may be on fortune or there is a simple explanation, these years goalkeepers of Liverpool F C had two-rub complete kits of the form for all season.

With season 1974-75 on Liverpool goalkeeper shirts have player number, design this number not this how field players. Else one I think what not all matches was used goalkeeper shirt with player number, mzy be only in matches Division One, but It is difficult to check up as how I not have more video or photos with this season.

How to distinguish a shirt of a season 1968-69, from a shirt of a season 1975-76, very difficultly. Certainly, were for this time of change in design of a collar and cuffs, labels UMBRO, and certainly since a season 1972-73 it is various design of UMBRO logo.

This UMBRO logos which was used on Liverpool shirts in seasons 1972-73 to 1975-76.

Which matches in season 1974-75 Liverpool used home shirts without a UMBRO logo or home shirt with embroidered UMBRO logo or home shirt with white printed UMBRO logo or home shirt with big white printed written UMBRO logo, I not know, it is difficult to establish precisely as I have not many photos of this season, and video not better quality. It concerns also shorts.

Home goalkeeper shirt with away shorts (black) & away socks (white) was used in matches, which I know now:

01.02.1975   away   Arsenal   Division One
19.02.1975   away   W H U   Division One

Home goalkeeper shirt with away shorts (black) & home socks (red) was used in match, which I know now:

08.03.1975   away   Burnley   Division One
31.03.1975   away   Stoke City   Division One

Home goalkeeper shirt with second away shorts (white) & away socks (white) was used in match, which I know now:

17.08.1974   away   Luton Town   Division One

Away shirt with shorts (black or white) and socks (white or red) was used in match's, which I assume now:

06.08.1974   away   FC Kaiserslautern   Friendly
19.04.1975   away   Middlesbrough   Division One
08.10.1974   away   Bristol C   League Cup

Full list when Liverpool goalkeepers used home or away goalkeeper kits will soon.

Left to right: 1st image, embroidered club emblem (Liverbird). 2nd image, player number (UMBRO logo) use on Liverpool shirt for matches Division One, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup & Friendly.

Note that Liverpool FC did not release any replicas shirts prior to season 1978-1979.

Home shorts (white printed UMBRO logo) Home shorts (embroidered UMBRO logo) Home socks
Away shorts Away socks Second away shorts
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F.C. players wearing the kits in season 1974-75

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F.C. in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru