Liverpool F C Away goalkeepers kits 1975 - 1976      

A G 1.0

1975-76 Away goalkeepers shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Years worn: 1975-76

In this away goalkeeper shirt (unknown UMBRO logo & red embroidered Liverbird) Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1975-76 Away goalkeeper shirt long sleeve № 1 Ray Clemence (unknown UMBRO logo & red embroidered Liverbird)  -  not now good image

In a season 1975-76 the design home goalkeeper shirt has changed. Liverpool used home goalkeeper shirt one season, 1975-76 (time of use shirt is probably inexact). Liverpool used away goalkeeper shirt how in home, as and in away matches..

A G 1.0 - Away goalkeeper shirt (unknown UMBRO logo & red embroidered Liverbird) with home shorts & home socks.

How you understand, away goalkeeper shirt used only, when not can used home goalkeeper shirt (green color). This possible if shirts the opponent teams, green or white-green colors. In England I know what Plymouth Argyle have shirts green color, Yeovil Town (green or white-green). In Scotland, this Celtic Glasgow (white-green) and Hibernian Edinburgh (green).

In season 1975-76, Liverpool visit in Edinburgh, on UEFA Cup 1st round 1st leg match versus Hibernian. Hibernian played in green shirt with white sleeve, as what need was used away goalkeeper shirt (yellow). I made some screen shots with his match, but how you can to see on left side page, not good qualities. Of video, not can understand, which design UMBRO logo was used on away goalkeeper shirt. I assume, what used red printed UMBRO logo.

Else one detail, goalkeeper shirt yellow color, used goalkeeper's national team.

Interesting, but only on goalkeeper shirt, used player number with UMBRO logo. This design player number was used on Liverpool goalkeeper shirt three seasons, 1974-75, 1975-76 & 1976-77.

Player number with manufacturer logo was used on all shirts, field players, as and goalkeepers, only in season 1985-86. This was first season after deal Liverpool F.C. and western Germany firm Adidas (left image).

On site Old football shirts (www.oldfootballshirts.com) have photos Livepool goalkeeper shirt with big white embroidered written UMBRO logo & white embroidered Liverbird (left down image). Color they goalkeeper shirt, is black. Only I not understand, which matches can use goalkeeper shirt black color, as in those days, color referees kits also was black.

This UMBRO logos which was used on Liverpool shirts in seasons 1972-73 to 1975-76.

A G 1.0
17.09.1975   away   Hibernian   UEFA Cup
30.09.1975   home   Hibernian   UEFA Cup

Left to right: 1st image, red embroidered club emblem (Liverbird & L.F.C), 2nd image, player number (UMBRO logo) use on Liverpool shirt for matches Division One, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup & Friendly.

Note that Liverpool FC did not release any replicas shirts prior to season 1978-1979.

Home shorts (white printed UMBRO logo) Home socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F C players wearing the kits in season 1975-76

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F C in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru