Liverpool F.C. Away players kits 1975 - 1976
A 1.- A 1.- A 1.- A 1.-

1975-76 Away players shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Years worn: 1968-76

In this away shirt (black printed UMBRO logo) Liverpool first played in match

In this away shirt (big red embroidered written UMBRO logo) Liverpool may be first played in away UEFA Cup match versus Barcelona (Spain), 1-0, 30.03.1976, at Nou Camp, Spain.

In left  -  1975-76 Away player shirt long sleeve № 7 Kevin Keegan (big red embroidered written UMBRO logo  -  image with site Fran Lopez www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012292352831&ref=pymk&fref=pymk

In left  -  1975-76 Away player shirt long sleeve № 2 Phil Neal (black printed UMBRO logo)  -  image with site The Liverpool Shirts Museum www.liverpoolkits.com

Since a season 1968-69 the design of an emblem of club has changed, it became more simple, embroidered Liverbird and under it L.F.C.. Away shirts of this design with a round collar and the embroidered emblem of club with some changes were used since a season 1968-69 on 1975-76. One of the main distinctions, this occurrence on a shirt of a trade mark of factory of manufacturing "UMBRO". The trade mark "Umbro" was several variants. In season 1975-76, Liverpool used with away shirt different kits:
  Away shorts and away socks
  Away shorts and home socks
  Second away shorts and away socks
  Home shorts and home socks

In season 1975-76 on Liverpool shirt was a Umbro logo of new design, black printed Umbro logo. Course difficult now write how more matches Liverpool played in this design shirt. How I think this design shirt Liverpool played one season 1975-76.

In season 1974-75 on Liverpool shirt was a Umbro logo of new design, big white embroidered written UMBRO logo (picture to look in middle  left side page). Course difficult now written how more matches Liverpool played in this design shirt. How I know what in this design home shirt Liverpool played one season 1974-75. But may be in first this was on Liverpool shirt, on goalkeeper shirt in match Charity Shield versus Leeds United (10.08.1974) , to watch picture in left, Ray Clemence in this match.

If who read this page earlier, can noticeo, was written, what big white written UMBRO logo was printed, now other information.
  Away shirt with this design UMBRO logo made for season 1974-75, but I not know used Liverpol or not.On 100% can writte, what in one match in season 1975-76 this design away shirt was used. On photo Emlyn Hughes and John Toshack after match after away UEFA Cup Semi-Final match versus Barcelona (Spain, 30.03.1976).

This logos Umbro which was used on Liverpool shirts in seasons 1973-74 to 1975-76.

But the most important, that in one match the most part of players played in shirts of one design (with a Umbro logo) and one or several players played in shirts another of design (without a Umbro logo).

How to distinguish a shirt of a season 1968-69, from a shirt of a season 1975-76, very difficultly. Certainly, were for this time of change in design of a collar and cuffs, labels Umbro, and certainly since a season 1972-73 it is various design of logo Umbro.

Away shirt (black printed Umbro logo) with away shorts (black) & away socks (white) was used in match, which I know now:

18.02.1976   away   Manchester U   Division One
24.02.1976   away   Arsenal   Division One
10.04.1976   away   Aston V   Division One

Away shirt (black printed Umbro logo) with away shorts (black) & home socks (red) was used in match's, which I know now:

14.10.1975   away   Burnley   League Cup
06.12.1975   away   Burnley   Division One
26.12.1975   away   Stoke C   Division One
03.01.1976   away   W H U   FA Cup
31.01.1976   away   W H U   Division One

Away shirt (black embroidered Umbro logo) with second away shorts (white) & away socks (white) was used in matches, which I know now:

01.11.1975   away   Middlesbrough *   Division One

Away shirt (red printed written UMBRO logo) with second away shorts (white) & away socks (white) was used in matches, which I know now:

30.03.1976   away   Barcelona   UEFA Cup

Away shirt with home shorts (red) & home socks (red) was used in match, which I know now:

17.01.1976   away   Sheffield U   Division One

Away shirt with shorts (black or white) and socks (white or red) was used in match, which I assume now:

02.08.1975   away   F C Utrecht   Friendly

Left to right: 1st image, embroidered club emblem (Liverbird). 2nd image, player number use on Liverpool shirt for matches Division One, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup & Friendly.

Note that Liverpool FC did not release any replicas shirts prior to season 1978-1979.

Away shorts Away socks Second away shorts
Home shorts (white printed UMBRO logo) Home socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F.C. players wearing the kits in season 1975-76

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F.C. in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru