Liverpool F.C. Home players kits 1975 - 1976      

H 1.0 H 1.1

1975-76 Home players shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Years worn: 1968-76

In this home shirt (white printed UMBRO logo) Liverpool first played in match (in one of match in end season 1974-75)

In left  -  1975-76 Home player shirt long sleeve № 8 (white printed UMBRO logo)  -  image with site Old football shirts www.oldfootballshirts.com

In a season 1968-99 the design home shirt has changed. Liverpool used home shirt eight seasons, 1968-69 to 1975-76 (time of use shirt is probably inexact). Liverpool used home shirt how in all home, as and in more away matches.

In season 1975-76 on Liverpool shirt was a Umbro logo of new design, white printed UMBRO logo. In first white printed UMBRO logo used in season 1973-74 in one match, on shirt as and shorts. In FA Cup Final match versus Newcastle United (04.05.1974).

24th January 2014, I have e-mail from my friend Michael Yip (www.liverpoolkits.com), his written to me what have information what in end season 1974-75 in some matches (2-3), Liverpool played in home shirt with white printed UMBRO logo. Information was right. On this moment I to find some photos with home match Liverpool-Carlisle United (12.04.1975), when Ian Callaghan (photo left below) in home shirt with white printed UMBRO logo.

In my head to go one idea, home shirt with white printed UMBRO logo was made for season 1974-75, but after beat in FA Cup Final 1974 match, was made new shirt with big white embroidered writer Umbro logo (only my version).

Why I as think, if you visit on this my page,
here, you can to see, what home shirt with white printed UMBRO logo have two variants, Shirts different not only design size UMBRO logo (read below), but how I think, was made of different fabrics.

If you have other information please contact us.
    As it is written on a site of the collector of Liverpool F.C. shirts Mr. Colin Wright, the shirt № 12 Jimmy Case (red printed UMBRO logo) was used in a season 1975-76.

Have information, what this red printed UMBRO logo, which was paint red felt-tip pen. For what purposes, most likely, that it is not visible this white printed UMBRO logo on a shirt.

May be Liverpool in season 1975-76 used home shirt without a UMBRO logo, I now not know.

In UEFA Cup Final (23.04.1976 & 19.05.1976) matches was used simple home shirt (photo in top left page, Kevin Keegan H 1.1), in shirt not was special embroidery to this match. But the most important, that in one match the most part of players played in shirts of one design (with a Umbro logo) and one or several players played in shirts another of design (without a UMBRO logo).

Now have home shirt with white printed UMBRO logo, two variamts (below). ohly fofferent in UMBRO labels. For 1st UMBRO label, question not, this home shirt (white printed UMBRO logo) was made for season 1975-76. 2nd - 3rd UMBRO label, big question, shirt can made for season 1974-75 (this only my assume).

This UMBRO logos which was used on Liverpool shirts in seasons 1972-73 to 1975-76.

But the most important, that in one match the most part of players played in shirts of one design (with a UMBRO logo) and one or several players played in shirts another of design (without a UMBRO logo).

How to distinguish a shirt of a season 1968-69, from a shirt of a season 1975-76, very difficultly. Certainly, were for this time of change in design of a collar and cuffs, labels UMBRO, and certainly since a season 1972-73 it is various design of UMBRO logo.

Full list when Liverpool players used home shirt will soon.

Left to right: 1st image, embroidered club emblem (Liverbird). 2nd image, player number use on Liverpool shirt for matches Division One, FA Cup, League Cup, UEFA Cup & Friendly.

Note that Liverpool FC did not release any replicas shirts prior to season 1978-1979.

Home shirt (white printed UMBRO logo) Home shorts (white printed UMBRO logo) Home shorts (without UMBRO logo)
Home socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F.C. players wearing the kits in season 1975-76

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F.C. in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru