Liverpool F.C. Away players kits 1979 - 1980
A 1.0
A 1.1 A 1.2 A 1.3

1979-80 Away players shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Club sponsor: Hitachi

Years worn: 1978-82

In this away shirt (small yellow UMBRO logo & yellow Liverbird) Liverpool first played in

In this away shirt (small red UMBRO logo & red Liverbird) Liverpool first played in

In this away shirt (small red UMBRO logo & red Liverbird & small HITACHI logo) Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1979-80 Away player shirt short sleeve № 11 (small yellow UMBRO logo & yellow Liverbird)  -  image with site The Liverpool Shirts Museum www.liverpoolkits.com

In left  -  1979-80 Away player shirt short sleeve № 9 (small red UMBRO logo & red Liverbird)  -  

In left  -  1979-80 Away player shirt short sleeve № 10 (small red UMBRO logo & red Liverbird & small HITACHI logo)  -  image with site The Liverpool Shirts Museum www.liverpoolkits.com

Replica shirt short sleeve price: J5,45 (the price is specified in a year of made and sale of this shirt, 1979)

This standard design of a home shirt, Liverpool used its five seasons with 1978 on 1982. How to define for what of five seasons this shirt I is made do not know. Can, is any distinction on a label? In season 1978-79, Liverpool playing in shirt when was embroidered small Umbro logo, not how in season 1976-78. In season 1979-80, Liverpool used different away kits:
  Away shirt with away shorts and away socks
  Away shirt with away shorts & home socks

A 1.0 - Away shirt (small yellow UMBRO logo & yellow Liverbird) with away shorts & away socks.
  A 1.1 - Away shirt (small red UMBRO logo & red Liverbird) with away shorts & away socks.
  A 1.2 - Away shirt (small red UMBRO logo & red Liverbird & small HITACHI logo) with away shorts & away socks.
  A 1.0 - Away shirt (small red UMBRO logo & red Liverbird & small HITACHI logo) with away shorts & home socks.
  A 1.- * - Away shirt (unknown color UMBRO logo & Liverbird) with away shorts & away socks.

* * - Unknown me now which kits used in this matches

Why Liverpool used away shirt different design (different colors Umbro logo & Liverbird ) in season 1979-80, I not know now, May be why know and can write to me.

In what matches Liverpool played in shirts with a club sponsor logo Hitachi and in what is not present, I now do not know. But, most likely this teleimage and an interdiction of FA Association or UEFA on uses of advertising on shirts during television display of matches. It concerns the size with a club sponsor logo HITACHI which was two variants. What for the first time was on shirts, I till last year (2010) have been assured, that the big sponsor logo. But there was Alan Hansen's photo (sponsor logo Hitach with big Umbro logo) and it is necessary to establish date of this match.

I not look in season 1979-80 away Liverpool shirt with big HITACHI logo, I can is wrong.

In season 1979-80, may be Liverpool used away shirt other design, last seasons.

Liverpool also played in away shirt two of four FA Cup Semi-Fimal match's versus Arsenal. Only I not know which of four Liverpool used away shirt. Else in one of FA Cup Semi-Fimal match, Liverpool used away shirt with red small Umbro logo & red Liverbird. I to watch "Match Of The 70s 1979-80 Season", but video of bad quality and is difficult for defining, what color small Umbro logo & Liverbird on a shirt, yellow or red.

How to distinguish a shirt of a season 1978-79, from a shirt of a season 1981-82, color UMBRO logo & Liverbird and some other details.

As the made Liverpool kits on factory Umbro in the end 70s, and then where they were stored in club was produced, look and read here.

A 1.0
29.09.1979   away   Nottingham Forest   Division One
05.04.1980   away   Manchester United   Division One
A 1.1
24.11.1979   away   Arsenal   Division One
05.01.1980   away   Nottingham Forest   FA Cup
12.04.1980   away   Arsenal   FA Cup
A 1.2
08.12.1979   away   Aston Villa   Division One
A 1.3
23.04.1980   away   Stoke City   Division One
A 1.- *
22.01.1980   away   Nottingham Forest   League Cup
15.03.1980   away   Bristol City   Division One
06.05.1980   away   Middlesbrough   Division One
03.08.1979   away   Feyenoord   Friendly
05.08.1979   away   F.B.U. Select   Division One

Lleft to right: 1st image, embroidered club emblem (yellow Liverbird). 2nd image, embroidered club emblem (red Liverbird). Last image, player number use on Liverpool shirt.

BEWARE: Despite the common misunderstanding, long sleeve versions of this shirt were released as both player issue AND standard club shop replicas. Many replicas from this season also contained embroidered badges, or a combination of one embroidered badge and one embossed badge, so please do not be fooled by ebay sellers claiming there shirt is match worn simply because of long sleeves and embroidered badges. If you cannot distinguish a player shirt from a replica or a semifinished item, consult to Michael Yip (www.liverpoolkits.com).

Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt, and as other features of a player shirt to look here (printed small yellow Umbro logo & embroidered yellow Liverbird)

Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt, and as other features of a player shirt to look here (printed small red UMBRO logo & printed red Liverbird & small HITACHI logo)

Away replica shirt (printed small yellow UMBRO logo & embroidered yellow Liverbird) Away replica shirt (printed small red UMBRO logo & printed red Liverbird & small HITACHI logo) Away shorts
Away socks Home socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

HITACHI logo on Liverpool away shirts (1979-81)

"HITACHI" - logo on Liverpool F C shirts (1979-82)

Show images of Liverpool F.C. players wearing the kits in season 1979-80

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F.C. in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru