Liverpool F C Third players kits 1980 - 1981      

T 1.0

1980-81 Third players shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Club sponsor: Hitachi

Years worn: 1978-81

In this third shirt (small red Umbro logo & red Liverbird) Liverpool first played in neutral FA Cup match versus Manchester United, 2-2, 31.03.1979, at Maine Road, Manchester.

In this third shirt (small red-white Umbro logo & red Liverbird) Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1978-79 Third player shirt short sleeve № 4 (small red Umbro logo & red Liverbird)  -  image with site Colin Wright www.lfcshirtcollector.com

In left  -  1980-81 Third player shirt long sleeve № 10 (small red-white Umbro logo & red Liverbird)  -  image with site The Liverpool Shirts Museum www.liverpoolkits.com

Replica shirt short sleeve price: I think what not made third replica shirt.

In a season 1978-79 the design third shirt has changed. Liverpool used third shirt three seasons, 1978-79, 1979-80 & 1980-81 (time of use third shirt is probably inexact).

T 1.0  - Third shirt (small red-white Umbro logo & red Liverbird) with third shorts & third socks.

I not know now which third shirt was used in away Division One match versus Southampton (01.09.1979). I have small image with this match and not can understand which color Umbro logo on photo (in top left side page) red Umbro logo or red-white Umbro logo. Below two image, one with season 1978-79, other with match season 1980-81. Right photo, Graeme Souness, on his shirt difficult to see white color in Umbro logo. I now think what in season 1979-80, Liverpool used third shirt with small red Umbro logo, may be I mistake.

I not to see third shirt with big or small HITACHI logo in seasons, 1979-80 & 1980-81.

T 1.0
20.09.1980   away   Southampton   Division One
29.11.1980   away   Sunderland   Division One

1st image, embroidered club emblem. Last image, player number use on Liverpool shirt.

ILeft image, embroidered small red Umbro logo, used in season 1978-79. Right image, embroidered small red-white Umbro logo used in season 1980-81, how I think.

Left image, Alan Hansen after neutral FA Cup match versus Manchester United (31.03.1979) embroidered small red Umbro logo. Right image, Graeme Souness in away Division One match versus Southampton (20.09.1980) embroidered small red-white Umbro logo used in season 1980-81, how I think.

BEWARE: Despite the common misunderstanding, long sleeve versions of this shirt were released as both player issue AND standard club shop replicas. Many replicas from this season also contained embroidered badges, or a combination of one embroidered badge and one embossed badge, so please do not be fooled by ebay sellers claiming there shirt is match worn simply because of long sleeves and embroidered badges.

As the made Liverpool kits on factory Umbro in the end 70s, and then where they were stored in club was produced, look and read here.

Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt, and as other features of a player shirt to look here

1980-81 Third player shorts  -  

With the description of the shirt and features.
  1980-81 Third player socks  -  

With the description of the shirt and features.

HITACHI logo on Liverpool away shirts (1979-81)

"Hitachi" - logo on Liverpool F C shirts (1979-82)

Show images of Liverpool Players wearing the shirts in season 1979-80

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru