Liverpool FC Away players kits 1981 - 1982      

A 1.0 A 1.1 A 1.2

1981-83 Away player shirt short sleeve № 6 Alan Hansen (without small Hitachi logo)  -  image with site Anfield Relics www.facebook.com/anfield.relics

1981-82 Away player shirt long sleeve № 8 (with snall HITACHI logo)  -  image with site Liverpool Match Shirts www.facebook.com/liverpoolmatch.shirts

1981-83 Away player shirt long sleeve № 12 (without small Hitachi logo & without embroidery UMBRO writing)  -  image with site The Liverpool Shirts Museum www.liverpoolkits.com

1981-82 Home player tracksuit top (unknown season use)  -  

1981-82 Away players shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Club sponsor: Hitachi

Years worn: 1981-83 & 1981-82

In this away shirt (without small HITACHI logo) Liverpool first play in match

In this away shirt (with small HITACHI logo) Liverpool first play in match

Replica shirt short sleeve price: J (the price is specified in a year of made and sale of this shirt, 1981)

In a season 1981-82 the design away shirt has changed. Liverpool used away shirt (without small HITACHI logo) two seasons, 1981-82 & 1982-83. Liverpool used away shirt (with small HITACHI logo) one season, 1981-82.

A 1.0 - Away shirt (without HITACHI logo) with away shorts & away socks.
  A 1.1 - Away shirt (with small HITACHI logo) with away shorts & away socks.
  A 1.2 - Away shirt (small UMBRO logo & without embroidery UMBRO writing) with away shorts & away socks.
  A 1.- * - Away shirt (without or with small HITACHI logo) with away shorts & away socks.

With this season start new era in disign Liverpool shirt. Disign home shirt will change only in season 1982-83.

Now I have only one bad black-white photo (iphoto in top left page, Kevin Sheedy A 1.1) with away League Cup match versus Exeter City (28.10.1981), when Liverpool used yellow shirt with Hitachi logo.

In a season 1981-82, Liverpool playing in away goalkeeper shirt without embroidery UMBRO writing:  This was used only on away shirt in European Cup matches.

Left to right: 1st image, away shirt without embroidery UMBRO writing. 2nd image, home goalkeeper shirt without embroidery UMBRO writing: How you to see have some diferent, on home shirt UMBRO writing was sewn up. On away shirt UMBRO writing simply is absent. Why as, I think  away shirt without embroidery UMBRO writing was order on Umbro factory. As for a home shirt, I think by this time, the Umbro factory simply ceased to make this style of a shirt and it is simpler to club to sew up an UMBRO writing.

I now not have good photo away shirt (small UMBRO logo & without embroidery UMBRO writing).

In what matches Liverpool played in shirts with a club sponsor logo HITACHI and in what is not present, I now do not know. But, most likely this teleimage and an interdiction of FA Association or UEFA on uses of advertising on shirts during television display of matches. It concerns the size with a club sponsor logo Hitachi which was two variants. What for the first time was on shirts, I till last year (2010) have been assured, that the big sponsor logo. But there was Alan Hansen's photo and it is necessary to establish date of this match.

With season 1981-82, away player and replica shirts was made of 100% polyester fabric, On away shirt labels 1984-85 was write 100% polyester ribs fabric (70% nylon, 30% acetate), before shirt was made of 100% nylon fabric (1975-81). Before 1975 year Liverpool F C shirts was made of 100% cotton fabric, so small information. Course of may be Liverpool F C shirts was made of nylon fabric for season 1974-75.

How to distinguish a away shirt of a season 1981-82, from a away shirt of a season 1982-83, very difficultly, I not know now.

A 1.0
26.09.1981   away   West Ham United   Division One
31.10.1981   away   Sunderland   Division One
23.01.1982   away   Sunderland   FA Cup
30.01.1982   away   Aston Villa   Division One
24.04.1982   away   Southampton   Division One
A 1.1
28.10.1981   away   Exeter City   League Cup
01.11.1981   away   Arsenal   League Cup
07.04.1982   away   Manchester United   Division One
A 1.2
21.10.1981   away   A Z 67 Alkmaar   European Cup
17.03.1982   away   C S K A Sofia   European Cup
A 1.- *
05.12.1981   away   Nottingham Forest   Division One
19.01.1982   away   Barnsley   League Cup
09.03.1982   away   Stoke City   Division One
11.05.1982   away   Arsenal   Division One
18.05.1982   away   Middlesbrough   Division One

Left to right: 1st image, embroidered club emblem. 2nd image, player number use on Liverpool shirt for matches in different tournament

BEWARE: Once again do not be fooled by those sellers who claim that they are selling a match worn shirt because the badges are embroidered. Many replicas sold in the shops back in 1982 had both embroidered Umbro Logos and embroidered Liverbirds. A genuine player shirt should have embroidered badges, but also WORDED sizings on the neck label.

Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt, and as other features of a player shirt to look here

Away replica shirt Away shorts Away socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

"HITACHI" - logo on Liverpool F C shirts (1979-82)

HITACHI logo on Liverpool away shirts (1979-81)

Show images of Liverpool FC players wearing the kits in season 1981-82

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool FC in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru