Liverpool F C Third players kits 1985 - 1986      

T 1.0 T 1.1

1985-86 Third players shirt

Manufacturer: Adidas

Club sponsor: Crown Paints

Years worn: 1985-87

In this third shirt (CROWN PAINTS logo two lines) Liverpool first played in

In this third shirt (CROWN PAINTS logo one line) Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1985-86 Third player shirt long and short sleeve № 15 (CROWN PAINTS logo two lines)  -  image of the collection Andy902

In left  -  1985-86 Third player shirt long sleeve № 8 Craig Johnston (CROWN PAINTS logo one line)  -  image with site The Liverpool Shirts Museum www.liverpoolkits.com

Replica shirt short sleeve price: - Third replica shirt only can was to buy in season 1986-87

In a season 1985-86 the design third shirt has changed. Liverpool used third shirt two seasons, 1985-86 & 1986-87. In season 1986-87, this shirt was used with special Double Winners embroidery.

T 1.0 - Third shirt (CROWN PAINTS logo two line) with third shorts) & third socks.
  T 1.1 - Third shirt (CROWN PAINTS logo one line) with third shorts & third socks.

* * - Unknown me now which kits used in this matches, but I assume used away or third shirt.

As it is not strange, but from some Liverpool away matches in season 1985-86 I have no photos and consequently now I can not write, in what form played Liverpool in these matches. At the left you see photos of players of Liverpool from matches against teams; Manchester United, Watford and West Ham United. In these three matches Liverpool used different shorts, logic by it was possible to assume, in what form played Liverpool in other matches, but there is one but. The matter is that I recently on the Internet have found out a photo from a match the Arsenal-Liverpool (14.12.1985), on covers programme to match Arsenal-Queens Park Rangers (12.28.1985) where Liverpool plays the third kits. And consequently, I shall add page, in process of receipt of the information.

In 1985 Liverpool changed their kit manufacturer after a long association with Umbro. The new kit supplier was Adidas and the new kit was actually in use at the end of the 1984-85 season for the fateful Heysel European Cup Final. The first Adidas Liverpool kit was plain red with the three Adidas stripes in white on the shoulders and the sides of the shorts. The stripe effect also carried on through the V-neck of the shirt along with the end of the sleeves, Within the stripes of the shirt the Liver bird and the Adidas badge are repeated and can only be seen on close inspection, The club sponsors remained Crown Paints.

In season 1985-86, Liverpool starter in shirt CROWN PAINTS on two lines, but after New Year, the design CROWN PAINTS logo was change, written on one line. Why was change sponsor logo, I not know (may be with problems with TV).

I think in away FA Cup matches versus York City (15.02.1986), Liverpool used third shirt with CROWN PAINTS logo in one line. On photo Craig Johnston and Ian Rush in this match. Course difficult to define on 100% color Liverpool kits, white or yellow, I assume yellow color. If why any have color photo with this match, please contact us.

In season 1986-87, Liverpool again starter in shirt Crown Paints on two lines. Written on two lines so it became larger (and easier to see on a TV screen), The shirt badges upon the replica shirts are an embossed material where as they would have been fully stitched upon the players issue shirts, a trend that has been seen through the majority of Liverpool shirt since.

How to distinguish a third shirt of a season 1985-86 from a third shirt of a season 1986-87, very difficultly, only for design player number (below) & with special Double Winners embroidery.

I think what in sale, third replica shirt with Crown Paints logo, not was in season 1986-87. Was made only hird replica shirt with special Double Winners embossed or printed, in season 1986-87. May be I mistake.

T 1.0
22.10.1985   away   Southampton   S S S Cup
14.12.1985   away   Arsenal   Division One
15.03.1986   away   Southampton   Division One
T 1.1
15.02.1986   away   York City   FA Cup
21.08.1985   away   Aston Villa   Division One
27.07.1985   away   Burnley   Friendly
30.07.1985   away   Crewe Alexandra   Friendly
10.08.1985   away   Charlton Athletic   Friendly
10.08.1985   away   Bristol City   Friendly

Left to right: 1st image, embroidered club emblem. 2nd image, player number (printed number with Adidas logo) used in season 1985-86, on Liverpool shirt for matches in different tournament. 3rd image, player number (sawed player number) used in seasons 1986-87 & 1987-88, on Liverpool shirt for matches in different tournament.

Once again there were two different types of sponsorship logos worn by the players; a double-lined version (shown above) and a single-lined version. The general consensus amongst collectors is that the single-lined sponsored version is slightly rarer; however I only seek one of the designs as the two shirts are otherwise identical. Genuine match worn shirts feature an embroidered Adidas badge (with two registered ® trademarks) and an embroidered Liverbird. No long sleeve replicas were ever released. If you cannot distinguish a player shirt from a replica or a semifinished item, consult to Michael Yip (www.liverpoolkits.com).

Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt, and as other features of a player shirt to look here

Third shorts Third socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

The ever changing face of the 'CROWN PAINTS' sponsors logo in the 1985-86 season

Show images of Liverpool F C players wearing the kits in season 1985-86

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F C in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru