Liverpool F C Away players kits 1919 - 1920      

A 1.0

1919-20 Away players shirt

Manufacturer:

Years worn: 1911-20

In this away shirt Liverpool (first team defence) may be first played in home Friendly match versus Stripes (first team attack), ?-?, 23.08.1911, at Anfield.

In left  -  1919-20 Away player shirt long sleeve  -  not now good image

In a season 1919-20 the design away shirt has changed. Liverpool used away shirt eight-? seasons, 1912-13 to 1919-20 (time of use away shirt is probably inexact).

A 1.0 - Away shirt with home shorts & home socks.

A 1- * - Unknown me now which kits used in this matches, but I assume used away shirt.

May be socks which used Liverpool was black color, I as assume. in 20s years have some color cards when on Liverpool players socks was are painted in black color, course in life all can was different.

Used Liverpool with 1911-12 to 1919-20, white shirts, I not know. On this moment I not have not one photos, if you have information, write to me.

Black color of strips on Liverpool shirts on a black-white photo was defined by David Moor from site historicalkits.co.uk, big to it has defined thanks for the help in it, and on other question on history of the football kits in the Great Britain. Kjell Henssen (football historian, http://kjellhanssen.com/) has also confirmed that Liverpool's change shirts from 1911 until 1921 were black and white stripes (not red/white).

These are three away shirts of a season 1919-20, is evident, that shirts Tommy Lucas (in the center) and Albert Pearson (on the right) are carelessly sewed, a white vertical strip not on the center of a shirt. At the left a standard away shirt, Donald MacKinlay.

1st image, away shirt (white-black stripes or white-red stripes) season 1911-12. 2nd image, away shirt (white-red stripes) seasons 1913-20. Last image, away shirt (white-red stripes) with white lace collar used in season 1921-22.

Players, and later clubs, generally bought their playing kit from local sports outfitters. The kits were often locally made by the outfitters or small garment manufacturers. Bukta, founded in 1879, were the first mass manufacturer of football kits, and remained so until Humphrey Brothers Clothing were formed in 1920 in Wilmslow, Cheshire. In 1924 they became Umbro. Although these two Companies came to dominate the market they relied upon distributors and the local sports outfitters rather than supplying clubs direct.

I to find in Everton and Liverpool union programme for season 1919-20, with advertisement "Jack Sharp" sport shop (38 Whitechapel). Clubs Everton and Liverpool, could buy equipment in "Jack Sharp" sport shop. Jack Sharp former Everton.

I else in this programmes, can to find else some advertisement other sport shops in Liverpool. "Frank Sugg" sport shop (12 Lord Street). "Hibbard's aieral football" sport shop (21 Richmond Street).

Lace collar used in seasons 1919-31, of white lining inside the laced collar.

I think for all 12nd seasons when Liverpool used this design home shirt, this home shirt made with some echanges (on a collar and thickness of a fabric).

A 1.1
20.09.1919   away   Aston Villa   Division One
A 1- *
30.08.1919   away   Bradford City   Division One
08.09.1919   away   Arsenal   Division One
25.10.1919   away   Burnley   Division One
06.12.1919   away   Middlesbrough   Division One
26.12.1919   away   Manchester United   Division One
10.01.1920   away   South Shields   FA Cup

Home shorts Home socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F C ylayers wearing the kits in season 1919-20

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F C in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru