Liverpool F.C. Away players kits 1953 - 1954
A 1.0

All what you to see and read on this page, only my look on History Liverpool F.C. kits in 40s - 50s years. May be I mistake.

1953-54 Away players shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Years worn: 1950 &1953-54

In this away shirt (Liverbird) Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1953-54 Away player shirt long sleeve (Liverbird)  -  not now good image

In a end season 1952-53 the design away shirt (Liverbird) has changed. Liverpool used away shirt two seasons, 1952-53 & 1953-54 (time of use shirt is probably inexact). In season 1953-54, Liverpool used with away shirt different kits:
  Away shorts and home socks
  Home shorts and home socks

A 1.0 - Away shirt with away shorts & home socks.
  A 1.1 - Away shirt with home shorts & home socks.
  A 1.0 / H 1.0 - Unknown me now which home or away kits used in this matches.

In general difficultly in detail to write about these years Liverpool, but I shall return to this stage of their history and I shall write more in detail. May be all not as, how I has written.

This first season when in regular tournament (Division One) was used shirt with emblem Liverbird, but emblem Liverbird was used only on away shirt. Now difficult say, which embroidered emblem Liverbird was used, how on FA Cup Final 1950 shirt or other.

Last information (24.10.2016) which I to find this, in May and June 1953, Liverpool F.C., was tour in U.S.A. and Canada. For officials person club as for players was made suits on which jackets the club emblem has been embroidered. In some match this tour was used away shirt with Liverbird (photo in top left page, Billy Liddell A 1.1) and photo down. I have only one photo with this tour. Only not understand me, why patch with Liverbird not will make for home shirt. Assume can all what to go in head.

Left image, Billy Liddell ( May or June 1953) in one of match tour in U.S.A. and Canada. Mow not understand why on Liverpool shirt not was used embroidered club emblem (right image). With season 1952-53 (I now think), embroidered club emblem was used on dlub jacket (lcenter image)

On this moment I not know which away shirt played Liverpool in season 1954-55, away shirt with or without embroidered Liverbird. Not one photos.

What you know, Liverpool can used home shirtt with turn-down collar two variant, but different thickness of a fabric, lightweight or heavyweight cotton interlock fabric. Was also and with away shirt, I only assume. Now in world in open collection have 4 Liverpool away shirt 50 years. This away shirt with FA Cup Final 1950 (left photo № 9 Albert Stubbins).

How I understand away shirt of heavyweight cotton interlock fabric was used in cold weather.

My pages about history of Liverpool shirts in 50th years, most likely, contain mistakes in dating use of a shirt with a red turn-down collar or with V-neck collar. Why it is difficult, not so it is a lot of photos (at me) these years and very little where there is a date when the photo is made. It concerns also a photo of a Liverpool team. At the left, a retro a home shirt, but it not on 100 % is similar, why it here, another is not present.

Interesting fact: This fragment of a team Liverpool, brfore match versus Wolverhampton Wanderers (07.09.1953), on photo only one player which dress in away shirt without embroidered Liverbird (Roy Saunders), all other Liverpool players gress how Brian Jackson - in away shirt with embroidered Liverbird.
 Else one interesting fact: For all long history (1894-2012). away matches at Molineux versus Wolverhampton Wanderers and Liverpool, in some season Liverpool used awa shirt. As in season 1973-74, Liverpool twice played at Molineux. First, League Cup match (19.12.1973), Liverpool used away kits (left image Tommy Smith and John Richards). Second, Division One match (23.03.1974), Liverpool used home kits (right image Peter Cormack and Peter Withe). Why as, I not know.

Front second away player shirt with red turn-down collar, may be used in seasons 1938-39 to 1957-58 (right image).

A 1.0
07.09.1953   away   Wolverhampton Wanderers   Division One
26.09.1953   away   Charlton Athletic   Division One
14.11.1953   away   Sunderland   Division One
19.12.1953   away   Manchester United   Division One
06.02.1954   away   Burnley   Division One
27.02.1954   away   Aston Villa   Division One
13.03.1954   away   Sheffield United   Division One
10.04.1954   away   Arsenal   Division One
16.04.1954   away   Middlesbrough   Division One
A 1.0 / H 1.0
24.04.1954   away   Blackpool   Division One

1st image, embroidered club emblem (Liverbird embroidered on an bord. 2nd image, player number use on Liverpool shirt for matches Division One, FA Cup & Friendly.

Away shorts Home shorts Home socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F.C. players wearing the kits in season 1953-54

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F.C. in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru