Liverpool FC Home players kits 1897 - 1898      

Image with site www.historicalkits.co.uk 18.03.1899
H 1.0

1897-98 Home players shirt

Manufacturer:

Years worn: 1897-02

In this home shirt Liverpool in first played in away Division One match versus Sheffield Wednesday, 1-2, 01.09.1896, at Olive Grove.

In left  -  1897-98 Home player shirt long sleeve  -  not now good image  -  

In general difficultly in detail to write about these years Liverpool, but I shall return to this stage of their history and I shall write more in detail. May be all not as, how I has written.

In a season 1897-98 the design home shirt has changed. Liverpool used home shirt five seasons, 1897-98 to 1901-02 (time of use away shirt is probably inexact). Liverpool used home shirt how in all home, as and in more away matches.

A 1.0 - Home shirt with home shorts & home socks.

ABOUT THE KIT 1896/01

Research by Liverpool FC statistician Eric Doig uncovered the first official game when the club wore red. On September 1st, 1896 (the opening day of the new season in Division One), Liverpool defeated The Wednesday 2-1 at Olive Grove courtesy of two goals by George Allan. Local newspaper reports claimed the team wore red shirts and white pants. Our image on the opposite page also confirms the change, the sketch being from November 1896.
  The new shirt incorporated a dark red or black stand collar with buttons down the front. The shorts were white, knee length with the socks black. The away version was the same, but with white shirt and shorts (and black socks). ("Tops of The Kops" Peter Crilly)

In 1891 the Football League required member clubs to register their colours for the first time and no two teams were allowed to wear similar shirts. The following year, when the Second Division was formed this rule was relaxed but home teams were now required to have a spare set of white shirts, which could be used if colours clashed. (historicalkits.co.uk, David Moor)

1897-98 Home player shorts  -    -  

With the description of the shirt and features.
  1897-98 Home player shorts  -    -  

With the description of the shirt and features.

Show images of Liverpool Players wearing the shirts in season 1897-98

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru