Liverpool F C Away players kits 1936 - 1937      

A 1.0

1936-37 Away players shirt

Manufacturer:

Years worn: 1936-53

In this away shirt Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1936-37 Away player shirt long sleeve  -  not now good image

In a season 1936-37 the design away shirt has changed. Liverpool used away shirt seventeen seasons, 1936-37 to 1952-53 (time of use away shirt is probably inexact). In season 1936-37, Liverpool used with away shirt different kits:
  Away shorts and away socks
  Home shorts and away socks

A 1.0 - Away shirt with away shorts & away socks
  A 1.0 * - Away shirt with away shorts & socks (unknown color socks)
  A 1.1 * - Away shirt with home shorts & socks (unknown color socks)

My pages about history of Liverpool shirts in 40th years, most likely, contain mistakes in dating use of a away kits. Why it is difficult, not so it is a lot of photos (at me) these years and very little where there is a date when the photo is made. It concerns also a photo of a Liverpool team.

A 1.0
05.09.1936   away   Charlton Athletic   Division One
26.12.1936   away   Stoke City   Division One
A 1.0 *
10.10.1936   away   Middlesbrough   Division One
21.11.1936   away   Manchester United   Division One
10.03.1937   away   Arsenal   Division One
A 1.1 *
17.04.1937   away   Sunderland   Division One

This label with Liverpool home shirt which can made and used in season 1937-37 to 1939-40. I not can correctly to define what this lmanufacturer label Bukta or Umbro. as how this label distributor shop Jack Sharp Ltd SPORTS DEPORT LIVERPOOL. Some below have else other label BDA "Rigmel" SHRUNK, which this label I not know, wil search.

I think for all 17th season when Liverpool used this design away shirt, this away shirt made with some echanges (on a collar and thickness of a fabric).

Players, and later clubs, generally bought their playing kit from local sports outfitters. The kits were often locally made by the outfitters or small garment manufacturers. Bukta, founded in 1879, were the first mass manufacturer of football kits, and remained so until Humphrey Brothers Clothing were formed in 1920 in Wilmslow, Cheshire. In 1924 they became Umbro. Although these two Companies came to dominate the market they relied upon distributors and the local sports outfitters rather than supplying clubs direct.

Note that Liverpool FC did not release any replicas shirts prior to season 1978-1979.

Away shorts Home shorts Home socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F C players wearing the kits in season 1936-37

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F C in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru