This page else in work  

H 1.0 H 1.1

1953-54 Home players shirt

Manufacturer: Umbro

Years worn: 19

Years worn: 19

In this home shirt (Liverpool first played in

In this home shirt (Liverpool first played in

In left  -  1953-54 Home player shirt long sleeve (red turn-down collar)  -  not now good image

In left  -  1953-54 Home player shirt long sleeve (white turn-down collar)  -  not now good image

In a season 19

H 1.0 - Home shirt (red turn-down collar) with home shorts & home socks.
  H 1.1 - Home shirt (white turn-down collar) with home shorts & home socks.

My pages about history of Liverpool shirts in 50th years, most likely, contain mistakes in dating use of a shirt with a while turn-down collars. Why it is difficult, not so it is a lot of photos (at me) these years and very little where there is a date when the photo is made. It concerns also a photo of a Liverpool team.

Here some fragments of photos with 4 home matches Division One in season 1953-54. Only in one. Liverpool used home shirt with red turn-down collar (1). Of other three photos of other matches Liverpool used home shirt with white turn-down collar. I have else some photos with season 1953-54, when Liverpool used home shirt with white turn-down collar. Of this I do a conclusion, that may be in more matches was used home shirt with white turn-down collar.
  1 - 19.08.1953 Portsmouth (Bob Paisley)
  2 - 22.08.1953 Manchester United (Eddie Spicer)
  3 - 05.09.1953 Preston North End (Harold Jones)
  4 - 13.02.1954 Charlton Athletic (Billy Liddell)

Design white turn-down collar & long sleeve.

Design white turn-down collar.

Interesting fact. Liverpool can used home shirt with turn-down collar, but different thickness of a fabric, lightweight or heavyweight cotton interlock fabric.

H 1.0

H 1.1

Full list when Liverpool player s used home shirt will soon.

Player number use on Liverpool shirt for matches Division One, FA Cup & Friendly.

Note that Liverpool FC did not release any replicas shirts prior to season 1978-1979.

Home shorts Home socks
With the description of the shirt, shorts, socks and features. Difference between a player shirt and a replica shirt.

Show images of Liverpool F C players wearing the kits in season 1953-54

If you have any further information on any of the kits featured or omitted please contact us. I are currently researching the kits worn by Liverpool F C in individual games and would appreciate any information you may have for this season's games.

Hosted by uCoz Рейтинг@Mail.ru